Sweet and Tangy Strawberry Yogurt Muffins
If this is your first try at making strawberry yogurt muffins, don't be put off by the challenge of mixing two diametrically opposed flavors--sweet and tangy.
When you think about it, you have to ask yourselves...does this flavor combo really work? Well, read and bake on, because, "YES!" it makes perfect sense.
One little tip that I want to pass on to you at the get-go, is that you don't have to limit yourselves to plain yogurt in this recipe. You can actually use strawberry flavored yogurt if you want to. It adds a bit of a "Wow!" factor.
Before we get to the recipe, I want to thank Dara from CookinCanuck for giving me permission to use her amazing photo.
photo courtesy of Dara on flickr.com
I have a great appreciation for people who possess both cooking and photography skills...(unfortunately, I'm not a great photographer....yet). So after you read through (and bake) this recipe, head over to Dara's blog and get her take on the subject of strawberry yogurt muffins.
Now, on to the recipe!
Strawberry Yogurt MuffinsIngredients
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Combine your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt) in a large mixing bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, stir together the yogurt, egg and melted butter. Then add the dry ingredients. Hand mix with a wooden spoon or spatula.
4. Fold in the strawberries. Divide batter evenly among eighteen muffin cups. Fill to 3/4 of the cup.
5. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans immediately and let cool on a wire rack.
Recipe adapted from Inspired Taste food blog
Tips for Better BakingThe products listed below were used to make this recipe. Clicking on the link will take you directly to the product page at Amazon.com. You can read customer reviews and decide for yourselves if you want to make the purchase. We do receive a teeny, tiny commission if you do, so "Thanks" in advance for supporting this site!
We hope you enjoy all of our easy strawberry recipes. To keep up-to-date on all new recipe additions you'll want to sign up for our FREE e-zine. You'll recieve monthly updates on all things strawberry, including our original strawberry cartoon.
Your one-stop source for all things strawberry.
New! CommentsWhat did you think of the recipe? Leave me a comment in the box below.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Welcome to Our Site!
[?] Subscribe To This Site