Hidden Strawberry Jam Muffins
A surprise ingredient in these hidden strawberry jam muffins makes this easy breakfast recipe a real must to try!
Some of us like to live dangerously. We have a love of the unknown, you know what I mean?
Well, this strawberry muffin recipe has a surprise in store for you. One bite in, and you discover it! Jam!
In a word...YUMMY! And so easy to make...even a kid could bake these!
My thanks go out to Phoebe, for giving permission to use her photo. You'll find her blogging at Delicious by Phoebe.
Let's check out the recipe, shall we?
Hidden Strawberry Jam MuffinsIngredients
1. Preheat your oven to 400°
2. Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, combine milk, water, shortening and egg.
4. Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just moistened.
5. Spoon batter into a greased muffin tins, filling 1/3 full. Drop about 1 teaspoon jam into center of each. Spoon remaining batter over jam, filling each muffin cup 2/3 full.
6. Combine the remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the tops of the muffins, then bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes.
Makes approximately 12 muffins.
Tips for Better BakingHere are my product choices for more baking fun! If you see something that you like (translation: Have to Have!) click on the image and you'll be directed to the product page over at Amazon.com. We do earn an itty-bitty commission if you do make a purchase! So "Thanks, in advance!" I use Amazon all the time and find them to be very reliable!
We hope you enjoy all of our easy strawberry recipes. To keep up-to-date on all new recipe additions you'll want to sign up for our FREE e-zine. You'll recieve monthly updates on all things strawberry, including our original strawberry cartoon.
Your one-stop source for all things strawberry.
New! CommentsWhat did you think of the recipe? Leave me a comment in the box below.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Welcome to Our Site!
[?] Subscribe To This Site