Fresh Strawberry Muffins
Wouldn't it be great to wake up in the morning to the smell of fresh strawberry muffins baking in the oven? Well, believe it or not, that's exactly what hubby woke up to this morining! All those ripe, red strawberries! It just makes sense to buy some and bake some fresh strawberry muffins.
I blame it on my trip to the farmers' market on Friday. I mean, who could resist the sight and smell of those ruby red strawberries?
Seriously, I just couldn't ignore that fruit stand with all those berries sitting front and center. Just the thought of popping a sweet, plump berry into my mouth...and then the owner caught sight of me, and he could tell there was a sale in the air! It was almost a natural reflex...my hand reaching for my wallet! The deed was done! Two plastic containers brimming with delicious looking berries! I honestly couldn't wait to get home and review my recipe file!
Lucky for me that I've got a collection of great strawberry muffins to choose from. Here's an old favorite...
Fresh Strawberry MuffinsIngredients
1. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl and stir well.
2. Add fresh sliced strawberries, stir well, and make a well in the center of the mixture.
3. Combine buttermilk, melted margarine, vanilla extract, egg and egg whites. Add to dry mixture stirring until just moistened.
4. Divide batter evenly among eighteen muffin cups sprayed oiled with cooking spray. Sprinkle 1 1/2 TBS sugar evenly over muffins.
5. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans immediately and let cool on a wire rack.
Tips for Better BakingThe products listed below are on my wishlist. Hopefully, my kids and hubby will read this blog post!
We hope you enjoy all of our easy strawberry recipes. To keep up-to-date on all new recipe additions you'll want to sign up for our FREE e-zine. You'll recieve monthly updates on all things strawberry, including our original strawberry cartoon.
Your one-stop source for all things strawberry.
New! CommentsWhat did you think of the recipe? Leave me a comment in the box below.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Welcome to Our Site!
[?] Subscribe To This Site