An Easy Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
...with strawberries, of course!
Coffee klatching? Here's a cream cheese coffee cake recipe you won't want to miss. It's simple....it's easy...and the girls will be talking about it for decades to come.
The next time you host a breakfast/brunch/lunch or dinner....remember this recipe. It's a true classic! You can even make it ahead of time and freeze it for future use....but don't count on leftovers once it's served. We guarantee that your guests will devour every last crumb.
Our recommendation is to make it with strawberry preserves (this being an easy strawberry recipe site :) BUT you can substitute with your favorite fruit preserves!
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups all-pupose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- Sifted powdered sugar
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and margarine with an electric mixer until fluffy
- Add half of the flour, the eggs, milk, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and salt
- Beat for 2 minutes or until will mixed.
- Beat in remaining flour
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 13x9x2-inch pan
- Spoon 8-10 teaspoons of preserves onto the batter
- Run a knife through the batter to spread the preserves for a marbled effect
Bake at 350° F for 30-35 minutes. Check for readiness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake. If it comes out clean then your cake is ready!
Cool slightly on a wire rack.
To serve, sprinkle sifted powdered sugar over the top of the cake and cut into squares. Add a fresh strawberry and a mint sprig for garnish and you're ready to go!
Makes 24 servings....but, again, don't count on leftovers. This cream cheese coffee cake recipe is just that good!
More recipes like this Cream Cheese Coffee Cake Recipe
Back to Home Page
If you enjoyed making this cream cheese coffee cake recipe, then you'll want to keep updated on all things strawberry. Sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter and you'll receive recipe ideas, gift ideas, readers' comments, cooking tips, trivia and our new cooking cartoon!
Thanks for visiting easy-strawberry-recipes.com
Your one-stop source for all things strawberry
Jams and Condiments|
Ice Cream & Sorbets|
In the Garden|
Links & Resources|