Delicious Strawberry Streusel Muffins
In the height of strawberry season, I'd recommend baking a batch of strawberry streusel muffins. There's something about the crunchy topping that really appeals to me. Just an extra, added, yummy topping. And it's easier to make than it looks! Trust me. I'm an expert at "easy"!
Strawberry Streusel Muffins
For the Streusel Topping:
In a medium sized bowl combine 1/2 cup unsifted all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup quick-cooking rolled oats, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and 1/8 teaspoon salt. With a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in 6 tablespoons butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Briefly rub the mixture between your fingers to blend in butter. (Leftover steusel can be stored in the freezer and used to top pies, baked fruit or more muffins).
For the Muffins:
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease your muffin pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter (margarine) and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat until well blended.
3. In a medium size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine milk, sour cream and vanilla. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture alternating with the milk mixture. Beat just until batter is combined. Gently fold in strawberries.
4. Spoon batter into greased muffin cups. (Fill about two-thirds full). Sprinkle tops of muffins with the Streusel Topping.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool muffins in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin cups. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Nutritional information for Strawberry Streusel Muffins: protein: 5 grams; fat: 16 grams; carbohydrate: 38 grams; fiber: 2 grams; sodium: 266 milligrams; cholesterol: 59 milligrams; calories: 318.
Tips for Better BakingThe products listed below were used to make this recipe. Clicking on the link will take you directly to the product page at Amazon.com. You can read customer reviews and decide for yourselves if you want to make the purchase. We do receive a teeny, tiny commission if you do, so "Thanks" in advance for supporting this site!
We hope you enjoy all of our easy strawberry recipes. To keep up-to-date on all new recipe additions you'll want to sign up for our FREE e-zine. You'll recieve monthly updates on all things strawberry, including our original strawberry cartoon.
Your one-stop source for all things strawberry.
New! CommentsWhat did you think of the recipe? Leave me a comment in the box below.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Welcome to Our Site!
[?] Subscribe To This Site