Strawberry Sorbet Recipes -- Cool, Calm....and Refreshing
Strawberry sorbet recipes are your answer to a low-cal , refreshing dessert. Often referred to a "ices", sorbets were served as "palate cleansers" between courses in the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
Follow this easy recipe and create your own culinary experience. ENJOY!
Strawberry Sorbet Recipe
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) water
- 2/3 cup (135 grams) granulated white sugar
- 5 cups or 2 pounds (1 kg) fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier or other liqueur (optional)
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, then boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, pour into a heatproof container and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Puree the strawberries in a food processor or blender.
- Add the lemon juice and liqueur.
- Place in fridge for one hour.
After an hour, combine the syrup with the strawberries and pour into an 8-9 inch pan. (by using a stainless steel pan you will speed the freezing process). Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. Freezing time is approximately 3-4 hours.
Before serving, remove from freezer and let stand at room temperature until partially thawed. You can re-process the sorbet, which will give you a fluffier texture...but it's up to you.
Oila! There you have it. If there are any leftovers, you'll need to refreeze them. They will keep for up to three days!
Check out more recipes at Amazon.com
Click here for more strawberry sorbet recipes.
Strawberry Ice Cream Recipe
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Try this Ice Cream Cake Recipe
If you enjoyed learning about these strawberry sorbet recipes, then you'll want to keep updated on all things strawberry. Sign up for my FREE monthly newsletter and you'll receive recipe ideas, gift ideas, readers' comments, cooking tips, trivia and our new cooking cartoon!
Thanks for visiting easy-strawberry-recipes.com
Your one-stop source for all things strawberry
Jams and Condiments|
Ice Cream & Sorbets|
In the Garden|
Links & Resources|